понедельник, 25 февраля 2013 г.

5.


Have you ever performed in a play? Are you a good actor? Write about your theater experience.

It was quite hard to choose one theme for blog#5 because all the themes are interesting to write about. As you can see I chose Tim’s topic about a theatre performance.

I enjoyed lots of school plays, but I want to describe my first acquaintance with a big stage.

For my family a theatre is much bigger than just a word. The theatre is a great part of our life. You can be surprised, but I performed at The Bolshoi Theatre at the age of six. Naturally, I did not dance or sing, my task was to be on my knees before somebody and pray for him. My father rehearsed with me at home because I needed to stay on my knees about 20 minutes, and for a little child it was not easy.

 I became so nervous when I decided that I need to be on such a big stage, and lots of people would be in an auditorium. I remember that feeling…it was breathtaking! I Also, I was happy to wear a beautiful dressJ

I cannot say that I am a good actor, just amateur, but my friends often said that I could be an actress. I really like the process of preparing a play, much more I like the feeling when you are standing behind the scene and you need to make a step on the stage just after a minute. It is wonderful! 

2 комментария:

  1. I have always been secretly jealous of actors. It must be great to take part in scenes on a stage. I came across this quote in a book I am reading, "The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" by James Joyce:

    "A few moments after he found himself on the stage amid the garish gas and the dim scenery, acting before the innumerable faces of the void. It surprised him to see that the play which he had known at rehearsals for a disjointed lifeless thing had suddenly assumed a life of its own. It seemed to now play itself, he and his fellow actors aiding it with their parts. When the curtain fell on the last scene he heard the void filled with applause..."

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. For me it's really great to be a part of a "theater family". I know some artist and musician families, but untill now I haven't met someone from a theater family. I think It's cool when everybody in the family is related to the same profession and is interested in same things.

    I performed in plays lots of times, but I didn't manage to perform anywhere except in school. And I never had major roles. However, I've alwaays loved performing in plays. Especially I like rehersing. I and my classmates had lots of fun while rehersing))

    Perhaps if you are a talanted actress you shouldn't give up perfoming. Leave NES and go studying for an actress!)) (I'm kidding)) ). But still you can visit some theater section (at HSE, for example).

    ОтветитьУдалить