вторник, 4 декабря 2012 г.

12. Granny



   She was an amazing woman! Her name was Irina Arkhipova, so it is one of the reasons why my name is Irina. I cannot say that she was a typical grandmother. I never saw her at the kitchen, for example, cooking patties or borsch. I think that grandmothers usually play with their grandchildren, but it is not about my granny. Why it is so? I need to say that my granny was, but I prefer to say is, a great opera singer and she worked at the Bolshoi Theatre.
   Actually, her biography does not begin with career of a singer. Firstly she was an architect and there are some places in Moscow constructed by Irina Arkhipova. If I remember correctly one of the MSU buildings was build with her help.  But the main chapter of her biography is about opera and her opera heroines.  Of course, I saw operas with her participation in the records only, but it was amazing. I think, rather I believe, that many of people know opera Carmen, my granny’s career begin with a role of Carmen and she sang it together with a great Italian tenor Mario Del Monaco. Also, she was one of the singers who were invited to sing abroad. I can type here all her biography, but it does not make sense, one thing that I want mentioned is that she influenced my father, so he is an opera singer, too.
I love and miss my granny very much.

6 комментариев:

  1. Wow, an architect and an opera singer! That's quite an unusual combination. Great pictures!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Your granny is a great person indeed! I've always admired people related to music, and opera singers especially. I think that opera singer is not very popular profession now even in comparison with other musicians. For example, I know dozens of guitarist, but only one opera singer. Do you konw how long had she been an opera singer? Did she manage to remain a singer all her life or she had to give up her career?

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. She had been an opera singer about 50 years and she did not give up her career :)

      Удалить
  3. Talented person is talented in all. These words are about your granny indeed!
    I have always admired people like your granny! It is sometimes hard for me to do other activities except from education because a always feel a lack of time. However, when I look at people as your granny was, I realize that if people really want to do something, they do it despite their other affairs.
    Was the behaviour of you granny at home different with her behaviour at the theatre? I sometimes heard that the behaviour of famous people in public was dissimilar with their behaviour at home. Was the behaviour of you granny at home different with her behaviour at the theatre?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Wow! I was really surprised when you told that your father performs as a singer in the Bolshoi theatre. But now I am astonished much more! Your granny was very talented! To tell the truth, it isn’t surprising that she was an architect. As it was said above, talented people are talented in different fields. Your granny wasn’t an exception. I have listened to songs that she sang. To tell the truth, her voice was very beautiful! You are a happy granddaughter of a great granny! And what about you? Do you sing as well as your father or granny? In my view such skills are handed down.

    P.S. Thanks for such beautiful photos!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. What a great person your grandmother was (or, as you prefer to say, is)! I can't look at such a woman without enthusiasm. Actually, when you mentioned that your granny hadn't ever "cooking patties or borsch", I thought about my own grandmother. She's also not "a typical one". She prefers books to the cooker and I appreciate listening to the various historical facts my grandmother knows.

    ОтветитьУдалить